The purpose of this document is to list down Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)related to the Excise Supply Chain Information Management System for stakeholder readiness.
Stakeholders’ viz. Distillery, Brewery, Winery, Bonded Warehouse, Foreign Liquor Bonded Warehouse, Hotels, Clubs, Restaurants and Private Vends registered with HP Excise and will be accessing and may need this document to increase their understanding of egovef.hptax.
The Frequently Asked Questions are based on the current understanding . The list of FAQs shall be revisited and updated after major events like User Training, Field Trial, Pilot run and new release.
New user should Sign up to register into application. User should enter his/her personal details & user would verify by using OTP to register into application.
User required Login ID & Password to access the account into application.
User should sign up into application to get Login ID and Password.
- User can change Login Id(Username) only on his/her first login into application.
- New User should enter Login ID & Password to login & then system will ask for new Username & Password.
- Password should mandatorily contain both digits and letters.
- Must have at least one capital letter, number and one special character out of set [!@#$%^&*]!
- Spaces are not allowed in between password.
- The Password should contain a minimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 28 characters.
Three consecutive unsuccessful attempts of logins will disable the password. If your User ID is disabled and you remember your password, you can login using the same on after 1 hour or next day.
User can get new password on his/her registered Email-ID by using Forgot password which required users registered Login ID & Email-ID.
No, You don’t need specific training to register in to application. Meeting the minimum criteria user need to provide the details which are displayed in the application form.
Yes, there will be fees for the registration for the license type applied and those are mentioned in excise policy.
Yes, a payment gateway solution is available for performing the online payment transactions.
Registration helps the users to be on-boarded on the digital excise portal post to a quality check.
It is a unique number that is generated after successful registration.
There is option called track status to track the status of the application. User need to enter the application number in that track status column.
Yes, you can apply again.
- User should login into application by using the Login ID & Password.
- The License Registration tab will be displayed on home page of the application.
- On License Registration page "+ License Registration" will be displayed.
- For each new application user should fill the details in application & submit it.
- User should click on "Required Documents" on sign up page.
- User can get the complete document list in which requires to submit the application.
- User should submit a application for a required license.
- Site inspection will be done by Excise officials.
- Once license is recommended for applicant, applicant should pay a license fee.
- Application will get approved by Excise official & Applicant will get a unique License Number.
Yes, Once application is approved & granted by Excise Official Grant of License copy will be displayed against the application.
User can change the Mobile Number & E-Mail ID[Non-business details] using partial modification from users end only.
User can apply for the modification of business related details which requires the approval from Excise Officials.
- Licensee should login into application.
- License Full modification will be displayed under License Registration.
- Licensee should select desired details which wants to modify.
- Upload a supporting document & submit the application online to the excise officials.
Yes, Only if user want to add or delete the partner otherwise user don't require to pay modification fee.
- Licensee should login into application.
- "Request for Surrender of license" will be displayed under License Registration.
- Licensee should select a license which have to surrender & submit the online surrender request to excise Officials.
No, once Licensee submitted the Surrender application online to excise official, all e-services will be blocked [Ex: Procurement, production & shipment].
Yes, Licensee need to submit the License copy at the time of submitting application for surrender.
- Liquor is a liquid intoxicant, deriving its intoxicating potency from the ethyl alcohol in it. Liquor can be divided into three broad categories, namely Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL), Beer and Country Liquor. Hard liquors broadly have an alcohol content of and above 20% and denote Whisky, Rum, Brandy, the white spirits like Gin and Vodka and Soft liquors have a range of 4-20% of alcohol and include Beer, Cider, Wines and Liqueurs. Country liquor also comes within the definition of liquor.
- Most liquor making starts with the process of fermentation, followed by brewing or distillation (latter in case of hard liquors) Raw material for fermentation usually differs from liquor to liquor and is corn or malt in case of Whisky, molasses in case of Rum and Country liquor, grapes in case of Brandies and Wines, any starchy substance for Gin and Vodka and barley for Beer. The raw material can also differ depending upon the availability in the area. Eventually it is the flavour that marks the liquor for its variety as well as quality.
- In Indian markets most prominent segment of liquor consumed by the middle classes, is the Indian Made Foreign Liquor, which covers most liquor, barring beer and country liquor, and is available in glass or sometimes plastic bottles. Beer is also available in glasses filled through dedicated dispensing taps what is known as draught beer. Most Indian beer is Lager which can be stored for some time. and all of them use a herb, known as hops, for flavoring. Liquors from which sugar content has been chemically reduced are termed as "dry". Country Liquor is generally contains about 25% of alcohol.Wines in India are available in red or white variety, with pink almost non existing. Champagne, generally a ceremonial drink, also known as sparking wine, is generally off-white and is fizzy because of its carbonation at the time of bottling. Liqueurs are concentrated syrups, available in myriad flavor’s, and are usually taken without dilution after major meals.
This Act may be called the Himachal Pradesh Excise Act, 2011.
Beer includes ale, stout, porter and all other fermented Liquors made from malt.
IMFL means foreign Liquor made in India i.e. Indian Made Foreign Liquor.
BL means Bulk Litre, a litre with reference to the bulk or quantity of the contents equivalent to 0.219 gallons.
Import Permits : The Import Permits are issued by the state to the licencees importing liquor after payment of import fee. The concerned Excise authority of the state where the distiller is located issues export permit on the basis of the Import Permits to take the liquor out of the state without payment of Excise duty. The Excise Inspector posted at the Bonded Warehouse after scrutinising all the documents allows the stock for inbonding.
Transport Permits : On receipt of the Transport permits, the Bonded warehouse Excise Inspector allows the stock to be transported to various retail outlets, clubs, hotels/restaurants.
Shops ,Bars, Restaurant ,Hotels.
You can apply for Route by navigating to Route under master in the application followed by Zonal Collector approval for selection of Route in further processes.
You can perform registration by navigating to Vehicle under master data by uploading the supporting documents followed by Zonal Collector approval for usage of Vehicle.
You can add procurement details by navigating to the Grain Inward under Raw Material Procurement.
You can add production of Spirit by navigating to Spirit Produced with a valid DIP/flow meter readings to enter into the application.
You can select multiple type of Spirits from drop-down which are available as master data while adding production into the application.
Export means to take out of those parts of the State of Himachal to which the Himachal Pradesh Excise Act, 2011.
- OP means 'Over Proof'. For example, alcohol having strength of 165 Degree proof is commonly referred to as having strength 65 Degree Proof.
- UP refers to 'Under Proof'. For example, 60 Degree Proof can be denoted as 40 UP.
- Licenses can be granted for occasional sale or possession (beyond the permissible limits) of IMFL or beer on occasions like marriage, birthday, new years eve etc.
- Such license can be obtained from District Excise Officer Concerned.
Hotel means all Tourist Bungalows and hotels run by the Department of Tourism and Hotel corporation of State Government and the Government of India including Hotel recognized by the Government of India as Heritage Hotels and shall also include any other hotel )with at least 20 bedrooms which is adjudged to be of at least two star category by the Department of Tourism, Government of India or any other authority .authorized specially for this purpose by the Government of India.
A -Barcode is a data encoding and capture mechanism. It is a way to rapidly, accurately and efficiently gather information and transmit it to a computer through scanners
A-The number 890 indicates India as country of origin.
:Yes, the stock can be moved by placing a request and getting approval from Officer In-charge through application.
i.For Receiver to Storage VAT tank transfer navigate to Spirit Transfer and
ii.For Stock transfer between same VAT tank holding same spirit type navigate to Internal Tank Transfer.
Yes, a functionality called Consent process is available for showing the readiness of stock and you can provide acceptance/cancellation of requested quantity of Stock by consignee.
Yes, if you are having a valid L-32 Permit then you can navigate to L-32 Permits under Dispatches and you can apply for L-36 sanction following with an upload of In-Bond L-37.
No, it is not possible to generate D-20A Pass without L-36 sanction which is mandatory to get L-36 Bond against the L-32 Permit.
L-38 is generated along with the D-20A Pass when Officer In-Charge provides approval for transportaton of Stock in portal. And the same L-38 gets updated and available for you after receiving of Stock at Consignee end.
Concerned Excise Officer will issue the pass.
Transport Permits:On receipt of the Transport Permits, the Excise Inspector at Bonded Warehouse allows the stock to be transported.
Yes, user need to do license registration for brewery to get access or login into Brewery URL.
After brewery license registration got approved. User will get LR login details. Login with the given credentials and create users in users tab à brewery sub tab.
Login as manager in brewery URL. Then go to Master data tab à Tank List sub tab and in that page, user can create BBT & FT tank.
Yes, user can multiple grains at a time but before that grains need to get created in grain types sub tab in master data tab.
User need to add minimum of 25000 spools at once and multiples of 25000.
Yes, user have both online & offline payment options to pay money.
No, first user needs to pay money in order to raise the indent. In other way user will not even able to save indent.
Yes, user can change route for existing shipment. All user need to do go to Dispatch tab à Change Route sub tab and raise indent for change route by entering details against the TP number user want and which need to get approved by deputy commissioner.
User can able login into account but all-important process will get blocked so user will not be able to raise any kind of brewery process indent until payment of license completed & approved.
To get spools data that are allocated to line user need to first login into manager’s account. Now go to Hologram’s tab à Hologram Inventory sub tab their user can find data for spools that are allocated by selecting respective date that user wanted to.
Winery" means premises where wine is manufactured and includes every place therein where wine is stored or wherefrom it is issued.
User should go to his respective LR(Applicant) login and mouseover on license registration and click on approved licenses. Here the winery applicant can the License type, License category, License code and License number. The license number is unique.
Brand and Label can be created by Winery Applicant using his respective LR login and also by the concerned manager of the particular winery unit.
Manager has to click on add production, should enter the details and then click on save.
User has to click on add duties and then enter the details in Excise duty remittance information and should click on save.
No, the manufacturer should pay the excise duty first and the stock can be sent to bonded warehouse.
User after completing the production they should be converted into duty paid. To make the production into duty paid where the productive stock is sent to bonded ware house by adding the challan or online payment.
D-20 A pass is generated after the Concerned officer in-charge will generate/approve the request to transfer of stocks from S1 to S1- (D-20 A will be generated).
STEO is the concerned excise officer who will issue the pass and he is limited to that excise circle itself.
All the requests raised by the (Retailers) S1-AA / S1C (wholesale) shall be approved (issue L-34 Pass) by the concerned officer in-charge. Dispatch is done after the stock is allocated to the retailer where L-34 gets generated.
Wholesale & Vendors
There are 2 types of receiving the stocks
1.One by scanning TP Barcode.
2.Second by scanning all cases.
Any barcode can be scanned which is generated on the case.
No, if the complete case is required to be issued then second barcode of case is to be scanned. If you would like to issue few bottles of cases then you need to scan each bottle separately.
With in no time, all scanned barcode of received liquor or issued stock from store will be updated.
No, application is available with the reports.
No, case barcode is scanned for the case to be sold.
Yes. A small easy to use document –“Easy Steps to Use application”is available for stakeholders. The softcopy of the document canbe downloaded from excise portal.
No. The receiptcan be generated on demand.
It should not. The time taken to scan is very minimal. Overall it will help vends in many ways:
- No need to maintain to Registers manually
- No need to count stock manually
- No need to print receipt when required
- Almost no need to spend time in stock take/ inventory lookup/ reconciliation of stock.